Special thanks to American Tourister for partnering up with me on this project.
Happy Friday guys! Wow, I can’t believe it’s been three weeks since the last time I posted on the blog! I promise I have a good excuse. As you guys might have seen on my Instagram @chictalkch, Mauricio and I were traveling for two weeks! We visit multiple countries and I have to say we had the time of our lives! We went to the Arab Emirates and visited Dubai and Abu Dhabi. After that we traveled to Italy where we got to spent two days in Rome and then we drove around the Amalfi Coast. The last stop was Paris! Oh la la!! we were there for only two days but that was enough time to fall in love with the city!
Now that I’m looking back I can’t believe how fast it all happened. And since I knew I wanted to share as much as I could about this trip with you guys, I partnered up again with American Tourister to do a fun #SixWordItinerary series and share with you guys my favorite things about the places we visited.
First of all, since it was a multi city trip packing well was extremely important. And to do that, you not only need to be strategic but also have great bags and American Tourister is all about that. You also want to make sure the suitcases are light yet strong and resistant. That’s why I love American Tourister’s bags so much. Their Curio Collection which I showed you guys here about a month and a half ago is one of my favorites, but for this trip I also had a chance to try their Sunset Cruise collection and I can’t stress enough about how amazing these bags were. They were so easy to carry around, their TSA 3-dial lock kept everything safe all the time and after going to so many places they still look like new! The pictures below were taken yesterday and as you can see they look intact!
Now let’s talk about those tips that are going to make your life much easier when packing for a multi-city trip.
- After making sure you are taking the right bags with you, I totally recommend you to check how the weather is going to be in the cities you are going to visit because that’s going to help you stay away from over packing.
- Once you know that, grab a rack and start hanging the clothes you want to take with you. A rack makes the process much easier because you can already picture how you can mix and match all the clothes. Try to pack your most versatile pieces. We experimented all kinds of weather during this trip except for snow. So, light layers like a denim jacket or a faux leather jacket were key. Jeans were also super importante to maximize my outfit options, especially for Europe.
- Stay away from packing shoes that look good just with one outfit. Try to bring the ones you know will look good with everything. Sneakers are usually my go-to for trips because I love how they look with pretty much everything I wear. The same with bags.
- When it comes to jewelry, bring your everyday pieces. When you are exploring and visiting countries you’ve never been in before, you want to spend the least amount of time getting ready and believe me, you will end up wearing the same ones everyday.
- And last but not least, when it comes to beauty products, minimize as much as you can! Make sure you bring the products you CAN’T live without. In my case, I only brought a SPF moisturizer and a hydrating eye gel to help with dark puffy circles because I was sleep deprived most of the time! We were only getting 4-5 hours of sleep everyday.
My #SixWordItinerary was beyond words! This trip was something we were planning for the longest time and it feels so good to see how dreams come true. For the six words I picked:
Because I was mesmerized and fascinated during our entire visit. Dubai is an incredible city that feels very new and futuristic but it’s also surrounded by so many deserts which made everything so interesting and different all the time.
Those two words described what our stay in Italy was all about. Italy has such a strong culture and we just wanted to get lost in it. From the language, to the food and every single city and town we visited, we fell in love. Mauricio said that Italy “captivated” him and that was such a perfect way to described our experience. We left Italy with our hearts full.
And last but not least “enchanting streets”. Paris was everything I expected it to be and more. It was gorgeous, unique and it’s enchanting streets were telling me a story all the time. I dream with living there one day. I will try my best to make it happen 🙂 For now, I can’t wait to go back, explore it and walk around it’s streets one more time.
Thanks so much for stopping by and for reading. Make sure to stop by American Tourister’s website! Right now they are having a pretty sweet deal. Buy one get one 50% off and how can you say no to that! Right?!
Stay tuned for a lot more content about our trip! I have so much to share with all of you!